Sunday 15 August 2010

Shabby time again :)

Ok I've been quiet this week cos I've been working very hard on this weeks Shabby Tea room challenge




                                  Week #22 - 'Reflections' ... AND FOLLOW ME CONTEST!


This week we had this photo for inspiration

I fell in love with the colours and the little birds nest in particular, now baring in mind I'm supposed to be working I decided a project would help get me back my mojo for some model making, coupled with the arrival of a brand new block of Prosculpt :) (oh so nicely timed!) my mind went into overdrive and I ended up with the following....



and here is how this cutey little mirror box began...

The beginings of my fairy, keep watching she gets better!

hello! here is the start of my little face :)


yey hands!



I'm not inside the box too, its got a mirror at the back :)


oooo thats a bit better!













now the little fairy has mohair hair and irredescent wings made with fusible film






sorry for the million pictures, but I wanted to try and show the detail :)

hope you like it Nomi-Lou x

heres hoping next weeks challenege isnt as lovely as this weeks as I REALLY have to get started on these wedding cake toppers!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my ... this creation truely is magical! The attention to detail in your project is remarkable!! I simply adore that hand sculpted fairy and all the gorgeous embellishments you added to your shadowbox! Fabulous job!!! Thanks for sharing your design with us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ! this is beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... That is truly a piece of art work!! Soo lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible work! Congrats on your well deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Beautiful! So much detail and I am amazed by the little fairy you made!!! Congratulations on winning the Top Teapot award at The Shabby Tea Room. Definitely well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing mirror box project you've created, Nomi Lou! Your fairy sculpture is just amazing and all the detail is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG shabby goodness! This is a true work of art! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, stunning creation and such wonderful attention to detail! Gorgeous! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete